NCR-SARE is Currently Hiring a Student Worker
The North Central Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program (NCR-SARE) is seeking a U of M student worker to assist with office and communication outreach work related to sustainable agriculture grant projects. Duties include but are not limited to: website updates, entering and gathering information from databases (Access) and spreadsheets (Excel), preparing PowerPoint presentations, graphic design, and video work.
Position Title: University of Minnesota Student - Office/ Communications
Office location – St. Paul University of Minnesota campus
- Assist with image library project
- Assist in updating website
- Assist with developing information products
- Assist with proofreading, writing, media organization, video editing, website content management, and other communications activities
- Help set up Adobe Connect conference call meetings
- Assist with entering new information for contacts, reports, and dates in the database, and retrieve information using Microsoft Access, and updating as needed
- Assist with creating new charts and updating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Other duties as requested (filing, copying, mailings, etc.)
Qualifications: Well organized; familiarity with computers, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and email; excellent writing and communication skills, willingness and motivation to complete repetitive tasks.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience using content management systems (especially EZ Publish), Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, iMovie, and experience developing databases.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Hours: Ten to fifteen hours per week, flexible Monday through Friday between 8:00 and 4:30.
Please submit resume, cover letter and short writing sample of a few paragraphs or something you have written for class.
Contact Person/Email: Beth Bedell
120 BAE, University of Minnesota
1390 Eckles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108