North Central SARE Grantee-Produced Info Product
Direct Marketing Food Specialty Products Online
The Direct Marketing of Specialty Food Products Online Curriculum is designed to provide business owners with strategies and tools to help sell directly to consumers online.
Due to the fluid nature of information technologies, this set of tools is designed to help specialty food produce managers:
- Evaluate the role of technology in their business, in particular that of direct online marketing
- Examine the strategies necessary to begin the process of dealing with the technology and weigh some cost/benefit measures
- Consider the evolution of information technology to meet changing business priorities or market demands
- Understand how online marketing is part of an overall business and marketing strategy
- Provide links to existing resources to better manage an online presence
This course will expose you to the traditional e-commerce website used by entrepreneurs selling value-added food products and also will provide other online tools that can and are being used to market and sell food products online. This online curriculum can be utilized by business owners 24/7 by logging in at http://go.unl.edu/directmarketingfood.
Want more information? See the related SARE grant(s) ENC09-109, Business Feasibility, Marketing, and On-line Direct Marketing; In-depth Training to Better Serve Sustainable Agriculture Business.
How to Order
Online Version (Free)
Only available online
Project products are developed as part of SARE grants. They are made available with support from the Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) program, which is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture-National Institute of Food and Agriculture (USDA-NIFA). Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed within project products do not necessarily reflect the view of the SARE program or the U.S. Department of Agriculture. USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.