Are you an educator?
Do you work with, get questions from, or know of:
- Small acreage farmers and ranchers
- Small specialty crop producers such as vegetables, fruits, goats, etc.
- Small value-added producers selling cheese, meat, other food–products based on locally grown items; or·
- Others like this?
Are you interested in learning more so you can better respond to their needs?
Would you like to implement programming to help build your local efforts AND receive some travel support to attend the workshops, plus- have a small grant (approximately...Read More
This news feature highlights SARE grantee Songul Senturklu and the NDSU Dickinson Research Extension Center, and their SARE research on integrating beef cattle and a diverse cropping system.
Source: Farm and Ranch Guide
Eight thousand miles away from home, Dr. Songul Senturklu finds common ground with beef cattle research. She is the central figure in an academic research exchange program between the Republic of Turkey, Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University and the NDSU Dickinson Research Extension Center.
Senturklu’s knowledge and experience will be...Read More
You are invited to join Jay and Krista Reiser as they show the results of their NCR-SARE Farmer Rancher grant on July 30, 2012, 1pm-4pm. The goal of the Reiser's project was to mob graze cattle on cool season grasslands to promote soil health and native grass growth for ecological and economical benefits.
Tour Topics include:
- Fencing Equipment, Tools & Techniques
- Training Cattle for Mob Grazing System
- Livestock Monitoring & Daily Forage Allocation
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Mob Grazing on Native Rangeland
- View Mob & Mob Grazing Sites
- Combining Mob Grazing, Bale Grazing and...
NDSU Extension, United Tribes Technical College, Dakota College at Bottineau, Turtle Mountain Community College, Cankdeska Cikana Community College, the Carrington Research Extension Center, and SARE are sponsoring a horticulture professional development tour for educators on the 23rd and 24th of July in northern and central North Dakota. Below is the current agenda.
Meals will be on your own, and most of attendees will likely be lodging at the Spirit Lake Casino Hotel (http://spiritlakecasino.com/lodging/hotel/) on the evening of the 23rd. Those interested in coming...Read More