NCR-SARE Seeks Student Assistant for Clerical and Communications Assistance
The North Central Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education program is seeking a University of Minnesota student worker to assist with office and communication outreach work related to sustainable agriculture grant projects. Duties include but are not limited to: website updates, entering and gathering information from databases (Access) and spreadsheets (Excel), preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with entering new information for contacts,reports, and dates in the database, and retrieve information using Microsoft Access, and updating as needed
- Assist with creating new charts and updating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Assist with image library project
- Assist in updating website
- Assist with developing information products
- Help set up Adobe Connect conference callmeetings
- Assist with proofreading, writing, media organization, website content management, and other communications activities
- Other duties as requested
Qualifications: Well organized; familiarity with computers, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and email; excellent writing and communication skills, willingness and motivation to complete repetitive tasks.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience using content management systems, especially EZ Publish, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, and experience developing databases.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Pay Range: $10.00/hr
Hours: Ten to fifteen hours per week, flexible Monday through Friday, between 8:00 and 4:30.
Please submit resume, cover letter and short writing sample of a few paragraphs, or something you have written for class to Beth Bedell.
120 BAE, University of Minnesota
1390 Eckles Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55108