Soil Health Field Day to be held April 19, 2013 in Wright County, MN
Wright County NRCS and University of Minnesota Extension are hosting a free event from 9am-1pm on April 19, 2013. It will feature speakers on cover crops, tillage, soil health and water quality.
- Field demonstration of the “Soil Warrior” strip till implement by Environmental Tillage Systems
- First hand experiences shared by local landowners
- Lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Jill Sackett U of MN, Cover Crops + Farmer Panel: Jill Sackett is a Local Extension Educator, Conservation Agronomist for University of Minnesota Extension. Sackett’s programming is driven by water quality and the conservation agronomy mindset. Programming includes third crops, cover crops, and bioenergy feedstocks.
- Jodi Dejong-Hughes U of MN, Strip Tillage + Farmer Panel: Jodi Dejong-Hughes is a Regional Extension Educator with the University of Minnesota Extension. Her area of specialization includes tillage and crop management systems, soil compaction, manure and nutrient management, and soil quality management. She has organized the Conservation Tillage Conference and Strip Tillage Expos throughout Minnesota.
- Tim Radatz, Discovery Farms, Water Quality: Tim Radatz is a Research and Outreach Specialist for Discovery Farms Minnesota and the UW-Discovery Farms Program. Discovery Farms Minnesota is a producer led effort to gather field-scale information on water quality impacts from a variety of farming systems in different settings across Minnesota. When combined with farm management and economic information, this evaluation will harness production and environmental science together to aid in the identification and implementation of appropriate management practices.
The event will take place at 2564 2nd St SW Buffalo, MN. For information/directions on the day of the workshop please contact Brenda at 763-370-3268
Please pre-register by April 15:
This event is sponsored, in part, by the MN State SARE Program.