Winter Farm Energy Webinar Series
A series of ten webinars is planned for this winter starting with a December 4th webinar.
This series of webinars is open to the public but pre-registration is required. If you don’t have access to internet, check under the descriptions below to see if your local University Extension office is hosting it. The topics covered include crop operations, dairy, swine/poultry housing, greenhouses, grain drying, lighting and irrigation. The series will start with a presentation giving an overview of world, US and local energy use and how we might reduce our need from a macro view point. The presentations will be followed by 15 minutes of questions and discussions.
Registration is required. Following the link to access the webinar announcement and find links to register for each of the individual webinars.
This series of Energy Webinars was made possible by University of Wisconsin-Extension, Wisconsin State Energy Office and University of Wisconsin-Madison, and grants from NCR-SARE and the US Dept. of Energy.
For more information contact Scott Sanford – 608-262-5062 or email@example.com
Dates and topics include:
- Dec 4 World, State, Local Energy Outlook, 12:00 PM
- Dec 11 Heating with Biomass, 10:00 AM
- Dec 18 Energy Efficiency Lighting for Agriculture, 10:00 AM
- Jan 8 Energy Efficiency for Animal Housing, 10:00 AM
- Jan 15 Greenhouse Energy Conservation, 10:00 AM
- Jan 29 Irrigation Water Management, 10:00 AM
- Feb 12 Managing Field Cropping to Lower Energy Costs, 10:00 AM
- Feb 26 Energy Efficient Grain Drying, 10:00 AM
- March 5 Energy Efficient Milk Production, 10:00 AM
- March 19 Optimizing Irrigation Efficiency, 10:00 AM